We are so excited a new collaboration with Edmonton mom Ralueke Ikejiani-Hayford from Lit & Little!
Join Our Free Lap-Time Sessions
How can reading and singing change your baby’s life? Why should you make time to focus on early literacy with your baby?
Join Our 4 Week Workshop
How can reading and singing change your baby’s life? Why should you make time to focus on early literacy with your baby? Let’s explore what the research says.
If you have a little one from birth to age three, this workshop is for you! Please join us for an inclusive baby lap time where we will play with sounds using a book, songs, rhymes, and your little ones as our guides. It is a time for being connected and making connections. You will learn:
- Why early literacy practices are essential for your little one’s immediate social, emotional, cognitive and physical development, and how early literacy impacts their future well-being.
- What quick and simple early literacy routines you can easily incorporate into your busy daily schedule, and how they will help your baby develop the language, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills that make it possible for them to connect with you, the world around them, and themselves.
- When and how to support your little one to develop the skills to hear and blend the sounds of language, and to recognize and name letters as well as their sounds.
- Four 45 minute interactive lap-time sessions
- October 8, 15, 22 and 29
- One high-quality board book with accompanying Stage-Based Early Literacy Guidebook to meet your little one’s unique needs
- One Song & Rhyme Booklet with Stage-Based Learning Goals
- One eco-friendly toy that will grow with your little one to meet their teething, sensory and bath time needs
- One coupon for $5 OFF your purchase of a Lit Book Box from litandlittle.ca
Please note that registration is required and will remain open until Monday October 3 at 11:59pm. This workshop is limited to 15 families.
$100 plus GST Get your ticket here